Thursday, March 19, 2009

Brian's hope

It's about one year I was a part of a big team. Gradually the days has gone. I still remember the kick-off meetings, requirement gathering meetings, initial coding and the quarrelling stage, finally the production release. It's like a nightmare, I'm very much proud that I lead a team and we gave a successful module release and ya, it's part of a software life. But nice people around are rare and their support are precious.

Likewise, in my past assignment, I got many people like Brian, Olga as my client and Avnish as my onsite and Sreekanth as my offshore coordinators. Especially my team members Raj, Chandra, Saravanan. Wow! From the day one I remember the tasks and struggles we had. Every project is a new experience & gives us new people. The chance of working in a service oriented company and getting a fortune 500 client like Merrill Lynch is really adventuorous and cool. Brian is a very down towards person and very friendly in each his actions. He's a good techie and handles tricky situations in a polite manner. Avnish is a multi-faceted personality, he just has the command and courtesy.

Chandra is actually a telugu guy, Raj is tamil guy. We often make fun of him, by commenting in Tamil. But all those are comments are momentary and soft. He struggles to get meaning of those words. Chandra love to speak and learn Tamil, but we didn't teach him yet. Now he's learning Urudu, as he's in Qatar. Saravanan is another techie who solved many problem in our project, and I still remember the day, me and Raj laughed like anything and got stomach pain because of Saravanan & Chandra's discussion about performance improvement in our application. An example is, they just clicked an option button, which invoked many loops and the option dot didnt come in the console for long time, as it's processing for a long time. My god! I got a break for laughing here :D It's evergreen.

Apart, Sreekanth is our moral supporter. His simplicity is our support and his nice motivating words like "Don't Worry!I'm with you", were our Energizer. Nice to be with a person like that. Yesterday is our last day in our project and the mails from Brian and Olga were a big boost. A line in Brian's mail reads "I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and I hope that our paths may cross in the future"

Powerful words and faithful hope!!!. Hmm! Letsee, Whether I will be joining them all in future.

No comments: