"Guffaw" is a word which, I like a most. Even I enjoy feeling it often.
Online dictionary reads the meaning like “A hearty, boisterous burst of laughter”, “To laugh heartily”. Word Thesaurus says it means Laugh, Chuckle, and Chortle & Roll with Laughter. Yes! I mean the last meaning, “Roll with Laughter”. I done it most of the time in life, mostly when I’m in my schooling, with my friends, while in Ivesia, with my sister kids and looking at some joke scenes on movies. Especially television shows like Mr.Bean, GAGS & especially our Goundamani & Senthil comedies. Really those are the moments, we lived to our self. We give up our self to those situations by feeling off from worries. Soon if we revive it, once in our lifetime, sure we will at least smile. Isn’t it?
My experience on Guffaw will happen often, as I’m a biggest consumer of laughter. My posture seems to be bit serious, but I laugh things at very soon. School days are really fun-filled for everyone. For me too, where I had a gang of people around me make situational comedies and keep me smile. But mostly about silly things and stupid chat on goings. Normal laughter is different from Guffaw. It’s something which makes you to fall down from your seating and trembles you like anything, which results in stomach pain. Even some people, used to fall on others, and beat even others. It’s a great refresher too, which makes people getting a great energy. If you have someone to make you guffaw, you should not miss them in your life-time.
Many instances, right from my school days, like play-time memories, lunch break comedies, annual day celebs, cultural shows etc., My first work place at Shrimsoft, we used to have a single window physical reporting to our Manager on each day tasks, which normally end with lots of shunts and advises. Imitations on that make a great show between our friends. And another interesting place is Ivesia, where just people always laugh and live. I got stomach pain many times while at pantries with people like San, Mujib & SJ[Shankar Jothi]. I still remember the get-together at Queensland, on the way while returning in the bus travel, almost all the people did a great dance show, especially our Manager of Operations and Human Resources. Ramki is making people dance and Chan cheated us. Time with subbu & prince made me lose my control and made me laugh. Also Keerthi’s cabin dance is a rare guffaw package. And recently even in Satyam, with people like Saravanan, Chandra & Raj, an instance, while Chandra coded a interface on browser, where the option lost its visibility after a long a running script. His expression, for that, like he solved a great problem, just made a great guffaw around.
On my personal front, occasions where all our relatives meet and make fun are really memorable. Recently on my cousin’s marriage, with fun-packed events, teasers on the bride and groom, photography session, pantry hall play between my mom and my cousin. Uhhh! I just can’t forget those memories. Also the time with my sister kid’s when our Bala kutty used to imitate like frog, lizard, parrot, etc., and has a round about, and he kicks or pinches someone if we point them. He’s just 1.5 yrs and his special about a kiss is, he will pronounce “Ummmmma” loudly, when he’s asked to kiss someone, rather putting weight on the kiss :D. Crazy!!!
Many memories, but I wrote a few, now ask this question to yourself and think of the situation for few moments? When you guffaw?
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment